Alternative investments services
HSBC’s Alternative Investment Group is responsible for creating hedge fund, real estate and private equity solutions for both private and institutional clients. Today, we manage or advise on USD16.8 billion (as of 31 December 2015) of clients’ assets.
Founded on the stability of the HSBC Group and combining over 25 years of alternative investing know-how, clients can benefit from our experience, global industry knowledge and institutional investment platform.
We offer a range of investment choices and services – including commingled funds, customised segregated mandates, and club deals and co-investment opportunities.
We believe that investment skill can be identified by our global, dynamic, repeatable research process, which helps us to identify the most talented managers across what we consider to be the best strategies globally. Reinforced by our strong industry relationships, we seek to combine our industry experience and investment skill to capture select managers during their best periods and avoid unrewarded risk.
Our conviction-led approach is driven by investment performance and the needs of our clients. We have a long history of identifying and working with what we consider to be ‘best-in-class’ managers, and we focus on identifying exclusive opportunities that we believe will deliver returns that reward an illiquidity premium.
We seek to bring our clients institutional-calibre real estate investment opportunities that leverage our expertise and HSBC's global network. Our philosophy is to bring our clients as close to the assets as possible, either through club deals or partnerships with what we consider to be ‘best-in-class’ managers.
- Alternative investments may not be suitable for all clients
- It is important to note that the capital value of, and income from, any investment may go down as well as up and you may not get back the full amount invested.
- Investors in alternative investments should bear in mind that these products can be highly speculative and may not be suitable for all clients
- Investors should ensure they understand the features of the products and fund strategies and the risks involved before deciding whether or not to invest in such products
- Such investments are generally intended for experienced and financially sophisticated investors who are willing to bear the risks associated with such investments, which can include: loss of all or a substantial portion of the investment; lack of liquidity in that there may be no secondary market for the fund and none may be expected to develop; volatility of returns; prohibitions and/or material restrictions on transferring interests in the fund; absence of information regarding valuations and pricing; delays in tax reporting; key man and adviser risk; limited or no transparency to underlying investments; limited or no regulatory oversight; and less regulation and higher fees than mutual funds
- You should consult your professional advisers before investing
- All decisions regarding the tax implications of your investments should be made in connection with your independent tax adviser
The information on this site refers to services or products which are not available in certain locations, or which, in any relevant location, may have components, methods, structures and terms different from the ones described, as well as restrictions on client eligibility. Please contact a Relationship Manager for details of services and products that may be available to you.
The use of the label ‘HSBC Private Bank’, ‘we’, or ‘us’ refers to HSBC’s worldwide private banking business, and is not indicative of any legal entity or relationship.
This information is entirely qualified by reference to the terms and conditions of the specific service, if any, provided by the relevant HSBC company.
Nothing here is to be deemed an offer, solicitation, endorsement, or recommendation to buy or sell any general or specific product, service or security and should not be considered to constitute investment advice. If you have concerns about any investment or are uncertain about the suitability of an investment decision, you should contact your Relationship Manager or seek such financial, legal or tax advice from your professional advisers as appropriate.
Please note that HSBC Private Bank does not provide Legal and Tax Advice.
Before proceeding, please refer to the full disclaimer and the Terms and Conditions. Read more